Monday, April 18, 2011

Project 2: Guiding Questions and Locating the Source

Today I mainly search the background information of Ernest Hemingway. As my guiding question is to find out the influence on Hemingway’s works by his personal experience, I consider the background information is really important to know. However, I have to say, this guiding question is just the elementary direction of my project, I might find something more interesting and change the idea in the following research. 

Through today’s research, apparently, Hemingway’s personal experience is strongly related to his work. I also found something interesting which is that most of Hemingway’s work is based on the wars or revolutions during the period from mid-1920s to mid-1950s and won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954. Additionally, he has a really distinctive writing style which is characterized by economy and understatement. 

For his works, I am going to choose two or three as the examples to analyze. For now I am only sure The Old Man and The Sea is one out of three, and I still have not chosen the rest yet. 

Today after school, I almost finished reading The Old Man and The Sea. However I do not think I get the idea of this novel. Thus, I will do some background research and try to understand it during the tomorrow’s class. 

Everything is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment