Friday, March 23, 2012

The Little Prince


The Little Prince is the most famous work of the French poet and pioneering aviator Antoine Saint Exupery. The book's main character is a little prince from a small planet in the outer space. The pilot in the book as a narrator tells the story about the little prince's journey starting from their own planet to Earth. By the little prince's child-like vision, the story reflects the emptiness, folly and loneliness of the adult world.

I knew this book, and I guessed my parents read it to me as a child fairy tale a long time ago. But at that time I had no feeling about the true idea the author tried to express through the story. After I grew up, becoming an adult, and experienced part of the adults' world, the feeling about the prince is totally different and profound.

Anyway, it is not only a tale for child, but for all the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment